Rasmus Meyers samlinger

Founded: 1916

In 1917 Rasmus Meyer’s children donated their father’s collection of art and historical furniture to the city of Bergen. Today, as part of KODE, the donation comprises one of the finest collections of art from the Norwegian "golden age" (1880–1905). A museum for the collection was opened in 1924. In 1950, the Rasmus Meyer Collection became part of Bergen Art Museum. In 2006, the museum was consolidated together with Permanenten (the West Norway Museum of Decorative Art), and the composer homes Troldhaugen, Lysøen and Siljustøl, into  KODE Art Museums and Composer Homes.

Related_image

Rasmus Meyers samlinger
Rasmus Meyers samlinger